How to Detox | Reduce Inflammation | Anti-Oxidants | Glutathione- Thomas DeLauer
New To Keto But Want To Grow Your Knowledge?
More specifically, you want help with How to Detox | Reduce Inflammation | Anti-Oxidants | Glutathione- Thomas DeLauer?
even our antioxidants need antioxidants today I want to talk in some detail about glutathione and the direct correlation with glutathione and infections with viruses and with bacteria in the body you’ve seen my videos on glutathione before but I’m going to recap exactly what glutathione is you think it’s known as the mother of all antioxidants why because it exists in virtually every single cell within our body an extremely unique thing and it’s made up of three very simple amino acids we’ve got cysteine we’ve got glycine and we’ve got glutamate those three aminos together create this wonderful glutathione that has such a powerful detoxing impact on the body that we practically couldn’t live without in fact our immune systems would suffer tremendously without glutathione in this video I’m going to talk about the correlation between the immune system and glutathione and how there are now studies that are showing a correlation between decreased glutathione levels and a suppressed immune system so let me explain a little bit about the immune system so this all makes sense so a healthy immune system differentiate between good things and bad things basically you have cells that travel around are able to identify something as natural or an invader you see our body has these things that are called T cells what these T cells do is they float around through the bloodstream and essentially put labels on different organisms they’ll either put a label on something that says natural this is existing this is okay to be here or they will put a label on it that says invader and that will trigger the immune system to attack it so very very important when it comes down to our body’s alert system and knowing what’s going on so the next step in the equation is white blood cells okay we’ve got phagocytes we’ve got macrophages what these white blood cells do is they actually attack the invader they actually consume it or eat it and dispose of it but here’s the caveat we need glutathione to create those white blood cells without glutathione those white blood cells can’t really materialize which means we never have the ability to actually attack what the T cells put a label on so right then in there you have a direct correlation with effectiveness of glutathione and our body’s ability to fight off of these fight off illness and bonafide just rich from a workout in essence glutathione it’s basically food for immune cells and it does this because they exist in the intestinal mucosa basically what that means is that that glutathione is very active in the intestinal lining it’s very active in that gut mucosa that’s also where we have a lot of our immune system so you can kind of start doing the math there and seeing that if we have glutathione levels in our gut mucosa and we have high levels of glutathione affecting our immune system which can make it so that we’re creating more of those phagocytes creating more of those macrophages and supporting that t-cell function so we have a healthy immune system healthy recovery and ultimately have more energy but this wouldn’t be a typical Thomas de Lauer video if I didn’t reference a case study or two so this first one that I want to reference is very interesting and it’s in regards to viruses so listen carefully because it’s going to start making a lot more sense what this first study found with that mouse models that were suffering from the flu from the influenza virus we’re seeing quite a bit of inflammation in their pulmonary area they’re also seeing an increase in what is called reactive oxygen species our OS that’s basically a fancy way of saying high levels of free radicals in the pulmonary area well in conjunction with that there were decreased levels of glutathione and increased levels of oxidized glutathione let me break it down for you really simple here what that means is there were a lot of free radicals as a result of the flu then we notice that the glutathione levels were depleted then we noticed that the glutathione was oxidized meaning it was used up so direct correlation increasing influenza depletion of glutathione because it’s spent its energy attacking the influenza or actually supporting the recovery so a pretty strong correlation there now the next study I want to talk about is in relation to bacteria particularly tuberculosis in case you didn’t know to Burchell osis is kind of tricky it hides in what’s called the phagosome the phagosome is like a vacuole inside the cell think of it sort of like the belly other cell it’s very very difficult for t-cells to identify tuberculosis properly because they’re kind of buried in the cell so when we come across something that’s stable to identify or help with tuberculosis it’s a pretty big deal well it’s been found that the bacteria particularly tuberculosis can increase nitric oxide levels now nitric oxide levels may be good if you’re in the gym and you’re looking for blood flow but increased nitric oxide isn’t necessarily good because downstream it can trigger some inflammation well in this study it seemed as though glutathione neutralized some of the nitric oxide thereby potentially reducing the inflammation later on down the line which means that the body can heal itself much better which means that the immune system can do its job much better which means that the lymphocytes the phagocytes the macrophages can start doing their job and healing the body now I know this was a lot of science I know there was a lot of stuff but I hope I broke it down for you in a way that you understand and if there’s any consolation to why you spend a few minutes watching this video just know that if you boost your immune system it makes everything easier it makes your workouts easier it makes your mood better it makes it easier to adhere to a diet and it puts you in a better position to take control of your health and block out the noise from the rest of the internet and the rest of the world and focus on you as always keep it locked in here on my videos if you have any questions or comments be sure to put them below I’ll see you in the next video
This Post Was All About How to Detox | Reduce Inflammation | Anti-Oxidants | Glutathione- Thomas DeLauer.
Here’s The Video Description From YouTube
Please Subscribe for 3x Videos Per Week + Live Broadcasts
To learn more, visit my website here:
Get the Apparel I Wear at
How to Detox | Reduce Inflammation | Anti-Oxidants | Glutathione- Thomas DeLauer… Glutathione (GSH): Often referred to as the mother of all antioxidants, it is composed of three amino acids – cysteine, glycine, and glutamate – glutathione can be found in virtually every cell of the human body. The highest concentration of glutathione is in the liver, making it critical in the body’s detoxification process. Glutathione is also an essential component to the body’s natural defense system. Viruses, bacteria, heavy metal toxicity, radiation, certain medications, and even the normal process of aging can all cause free-radical damage to healthy cells and deplete glutathione. Glutathione depletion has been correlated with lower immune function and increased vulnerability to infection due to the liver’s reduced ability to detoxify (1,2)
– The immune system is an elegant and complex group of components that combine to fight disease, infections, and various pathogens.
– A healthy immune system differentiates organisms in the body as natural, which are untouched, or invaders that are rapidly destroyed.
– A healthy immune system is able to combat the attack, whereas a compromised immune system allows invading organisms to flourish.
– Protectors of the immune system are white blood cells. There are a wide variety of white blood cells that help protect us from multiple threats, such as disease-causing bacteria, viruses, and fungal infections- Phagocytes and Macrophages.
– Your body cannot make white blood cells without adequate glutathione. It has also been shown to stimulate natural killer cell activity, which is especially useful in destroying cancer cells (2,3,4)
– Natural Killer Cell: Free flowing cell that kills disease without reliance on antigen.
– Glutathione boosts white blood cell production to fight infection, particularly the T-cells, which are called lymphocytes.
– T-cells are at the core of our immunity, and tailor the body’s immune response to pathogens, viral and bacterial infections or anything the cells recognize as being invasive.
– T-cells directly attack and destroy infectious agents and guard the body against attack. T-cells are produced in the bone marrow and mature in the thymus, but are present in the blood and lymph nodes.
– Glutathione is food for the immune cells, boosting the strength of lymphocytes
– It does this by boosting immune cells in the mucousal layer of the intestinal tract.
– B-cell lymphocytes identify the unwanted pathogen that the T-cells then attack. T-cells also shut down the immune response when the job is done (3,4)
1) Glutathione Information: What is GSH, Biochemistry, Metabolism, and Mechanism of Action. (n.d.). Retrieved from
2) Role of glutathione in immunity and inflammation in the lung. (n.d.). Retrieved from
3) Understanding Glutathione (GSH), Point of Return.com. (n.d.). Retrieved from
4) Role of glutathione in immunity and inflammation in the lung. (n.d.). Retrieved from /