New To Keto But Want To Grow Your Knowledge?
More specifically, you want help with Low Carb Keto Smoothie: Boost Hormones & Increase Libido?
This Post Was All About Low Carb Keto Smoothie: Boost Hormones & Increase Libido.
Here’s The Video Description From YouTube
Please Subscribe for 3-4x Videos Per Week + Live Broadcasts!
Low Carb Keto Smoothie: Boost Hormones & Increase Libido
Omega-3 fatty acids inhibit an enzyme called cyclooxygenase (COX), which produces the prostaglandin hormones that spark inflammation – similar to what happens when one takes an aspirin, which disrupts the COX-2 signaling pathway, thus reducing inflammation and pain (1,2,3)
Study in the Netherlands from the journal Plant Foods for Human Nutrition found that plasma ALA levels increased by 138% in a group of 10 women after just 1 week of chia seed supplementation (25g/day) (4)
Linolenic acid is a constituent of omega 3 fatty acids and when processed in the body it converts to GLA, which are anti-inflammatory prostaglandins – they then interfere with the body’s pro-inflammatory prostaglandins (5)
Oleic Acid – Omega 9
Oleic acid regulates the activity of adrenoceptor signaling pathways which direct the adrenergic receptors that help regulate blood pressure
Improve Nutrient Absorption
Study from the Journal of Nutrition found that adding avocado or avocado oil to either salad or salsa can increased the absorption of antioxidants lycopene and β-carotene from 2.6 to 15-fold
Maca stimulates the hypothalamus and the pituitary glands – these glands regulate the other glands, so when in balance they can bring balance to the adrenal, thyroid, pancreas, ovarian and testicular glands (12,13)
Maca’s libido enhancing effect is believed to be caused by its long chain fatty acids called, macaenes and macamides
They have been shown to increase sexual activity and correct erectile dysfunction as they are similar in structure to endocannabinoids, chemicals that stimulate hedonistic hotspots in our brain, triggering pleasure (14)
1) Office of Dietary Supplements – Omega-3 Fatty Acids. (2016, November 2). Retrieved from
2) Chia Seeds 101: Nutrition Facts and Health Benefits. (2015, May 20). Retrieved from
3) Why Omega-3 Oils Help at the Cellular Level. (n.d.). Retrieved from
4) Jin F , et al. (n.d.). Supplementation of milled chia seeds increases plasma ALA and EPA in postmenopausal women. – PubMed – NCBI. Retrieved from
5) What Are Prostaglandins? (2016, February 19). Retrieved from
6) Lignans. (2014, April 29). Retrieved from
7) Lignans Play an Important Role in Optimal Health. (2015, November 2). Retrieved from
8) Publications, S. (n.d.). Dietary lignans: The phytoestrogens with amazing health benefits for women and men | Smart Publications. Retrieved from
9) Dietary Lignan Intake and Postmenopausal Breast Cancer Risk by Estrogen and Progesterone Receptor Status | JNCI: Journal of the National Cancer Institute | Oxford Academic. (2007, March 21). Retrieved from
10) Vanharanta M , et al. (n.d.). Risk of cardiovascular disease-related and all-cause death according to serum concentrations of enterolactone: Kuopio Ischaemic Heart Disease Risk … – PubMed – NCBI. Retrieved from
11) Peterson J , et al. (n.d.). Dietary lignans: physiology and potential for cardiovascular disease risk reduction. – PubMed – NCBI. Retrieved from
12) Maca – Scientific Review on Usage, Dosage, Side Effects | Examine.com. (n.d.). Retrieved from
13) Maca: Perhaps the Best Hormone Balancing Food on the Planet for Both Sexes! (n.d.). Retrieved from
14) The 10 Hormone Balancing Wonders of Maca (and Why It Does Not Work for Some Women) – HormonesBalance.com. (2016, September 2). Retrieved from /