JOIN ME – each week I lead patients on a fast while continuing the ketogenic diet the rest of the week. #FastingAnywayYouCan
TOPIC FOR TONIGHT: Fasting Drinks
– What can you drink while fasting?
– How to know good bone broth when you see it.
– Learn tips and tricks for making homemade kombucha. I’ll even show you how to make it an appropriate fasting drink.
WHY DO WE FAST:
-Improve the way your body listens to insulin
-Clean out more pockets of stored sugar in your liver and muscle cells (glycogen.)
-Surge hormones like growth hormone
-Trigger autophagy during the fast.
BE SURE YOU:
1) Check your blood sugars.
2) Be in ketosis for 2-4 weeks before you fast
3) Have a reason for fasting … [that does not mean weight loss.. a real purpose]
Every time I feel like giving up, I pray or meditate on the reason why I am fasting. I never make it to 72 hours unless I have a really good reason for fasting. My best fasts happen when I am focusing on a patient & their journey.
FORACARE – the blood glucose/ ketone monitor that I use.
PERFECT KETO – Exogenous ketones drinks, plus keto appropriate snacks. https://bit.ly/2rdIxrO
CRUTCHES FOR NEWBIES: If this is your first fast, use these if you need help.
1) Bone broth. Really salty bone broth. This puts out the hunger and the warm liquid really helps.
2) Add FAT. Heavy whipping cream to the coffee or butter are great for the early fasters. As you mature in your fasting skill, drop these. But it is a wonderful crutch at the start.
3) IF you are really feeling punk, try exogenous ketones. They do help.
Thanks for tuning into my channel.
BOOK-LINK – ANYWAY YOU CAN.
PAPERBACK= (Affilate link) https://amzn.to/2YpMZU3
The two most common questions I get …
1) “Doc, what BLOOD METER do you recommend?”
ANSWER: FORACARE: http://bit.ly/2DIXpqJ
For years my diabetics told me this system was great. I tried several others before I bought this one. I can’t count the number of times I have tested my blood only to get an ERROR message from the strip. Grrr. I hate that. FORACARE gets my vote because it is accurate and takes only ONE test strip to get the results. YES!!
2) “Doc, which Ketones-In-A-Can (aka exogenous ketones, BHB) do you recommend?”
EXOGENOUS KETONES BHB: Dr Boz BHB: (affiliate link) https://amzn.to/2HScnvu
I don’t recommend these in everyone. I have times this is a great solution for my patients that are very overweight and trying to get used to burning ketones for fuel. All keto supplements should have magnesium in them. This one does.
I own this Dr Boz brand and the Dr Boz supplements.
SUPPORT THIS CHANNEL:
Buy my book.
Buy Dr Boz Products.
Dr Boz K2+D3: https://amzn.to/31lIlqL (affiliate link)
Dr Boz Ketones-In-A-Can: https://amzn.to/2GXLlSw (affiliate link)
Dr Boz Ketones-In-A-Capsule: https://amzn.to/2XgVaVy (affiliate link)
BHB + MCT C8:C10 Keto COMBO – https://amzn.to/2MOVMMw (affiliate link)
Share my content with people you love. BozMD.com
*This content is strictly the opinion of Annette Bosworth, MD and is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of medical advice or treatment from a personal physician. All viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither Dr. Bosworth nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement or lifestyle program.